8.27.2009

Estero at Binondo

The busy streets of Binondo is such a delight. The sights and sounds are by far the most enticing to the senses. Every corner has a surprise for anyone who's willing that sometimes it is not for the faint of heart.

Food is one thing that's always in my priority list when visiting a place, and for Binondo, it's my never-ending love affair with the ever-so-yummy hopia from Eng Bee Tin. Without much forethought I decided to end my relationship with the bean filled pastry just this one time. I let myself drool at the smorgasbord display of all flavors of hopia as I walked past the store along Ongpin street. I never looked back.

Estero

A friend who acted as tour guide is no stranger to Binondo. In fact he almost is a resident to the place, knowing every corner to turn to and every place to be in.

Estero

He took us to a string of eateries on the side of a small river. Estero, as it is called, was one place I never imagined going. We all know how polluted Manila's rivers are, I am amazed that eateries here thrive and remains a hit amongst the locals.

Estero

Think any Chinese dish and they'll cook it for you carenderia style. Spicy frog legs was on everyones minds. We had it fried in batter.

Estero

I felt like I was Anthony Bourdain that day. Consuming exotic and daring ethnic dishes. An unmatched experience that I'm looking forward to do more.

No reservations!

2 comments:

R. said...

Is this the Php850 per head day-tour thing? Hi.Ü I'm bloghopping from Acey's.

Gibb said...

thanks for droppin' by. I just asked a Chinese friend to tour us around. Cheaper than the 850 plus you can go on detours pa. hehehehe!